Finance Assistant Part Time
Our client, a charity based in Harrogate is looking for a Finance Assistant to join their team as soon as possible. This is a permanent part time role, working hours are 10am until 3.20pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The post-holder is responsible for supporting the smooth running of the financial administration within the organisation. An important part of the job is to provide financial support to the Financial Controller and to instil financial discipline across the organisation. The post-holder works with and reports to the Financial Controller.
- Receive copy Sales Invoices and post onto Sage;
- Be responsible for a weekly report and analyse turnover and post as an invoice on Sage;
- Input accounting data including Cash, Cheques, Standing orders and Credit Card into the accounting system with speed and accuracy
- Print off weekly Debtors report and chase outstanding debtors;
- Raise Purchase Orders as required and manage the PO system including matching POs to Purchase Invoices
- Process Purchase Invoices on Sage;
- Produce regular payment runs to pay Purchase Invoices and process payments on Sage;
- Match receipts and PO’s to Credit Card statements, raise additional PO’s if required;
- Reconcile Supplier Statements;
- Balance and reset Petty Cash tins and event floats;
- Resolution of finance related queries including provision of financial support to team members
- Adhere to the organisation’s financial policies and procedures
- Additional duties to cover and provide support to other members of the Finance Team during busy times and to cover sickness and holidays;
- Provide and interpret financial information and reports as requested
- Other duties of a financial, accounting and administrative nature as requested by the Financial Controller/Chief Executive.
Experience of working within a finance department
Experience of working with SAGE or similar accounting software
Excellent organisational and administrative skills, including attention to detail
Proven ability to keep to deadlines and prioritise a large workload
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent IT skills including a good level of competence in Excel, Word and Outlook and computerised accounting software
Able to work in a busy office environment that often demands high levels of concentration
Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
Able to manage high volume workload
Professional but friendly demeanour and willing to work as part of a team
Flexible attitude and ability to delivery under pressure
Knowledge of Gift Aid and VAT would be an advantage.
£9.20 per hour
20 days annual leave plus Bank HolidaysAPPLY