Senior Payroll Officer
Our client is a well-established busy company based in Harrogate, looking to recruit a senior payroll officer to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To assist with the development of the team
- To be responsible for the team in the absence of the Managers
- To process Starters/Leavers
- To process all Company sickness and statutory payments, SMP/SPP, SSP.
- Process third party payments, court orders etc.
- Upload manual payments in the bank
- To process missing payments through the bank
- To process monthly transfers
- To download tax code notices received from the Inland Revenue.
- To process any additional payments including bonuses, back pay, salary increases, first aid payments etc.
- To be responsible for the Nest Account administration, ensuring all members are enrolled and to deal with opt-out refunds
- To ensure all statutory updates are maintained and prepare for NMW update
- To deal with all payroll Queries.
- To check and input expenses
- To assist with periodic audit reports (NI numbers, D.O.B etc.)
- To assist with month end management reports e.g. leavers, sickness.
- To produce month end journals (cost/liabilities), and ensure holiday accruals are produced, checked and posted and sent to properties within company deadlines.
- To support the hotels/venues on all payroll matters.
- To produce monthly casual holiday report.
- To analyse hours submitted via the additional payment sheet.
- To liaise with property Finance and HR Departments and to support and answer all queries.
- To close down payroll periods.
- To print leaver payslips once payroll has been completed and issue leavers with P.45s.
- To ensure all filing is completed after payroll processing for own properties.
- To check trial balances on X3 and balance to payroll.
- To liaise with third parties and answer all queries (HMRC/Child Support Agency/Courts).
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as requested by Line Manager.
Our client is looking to pay a salary of up to £25,000 for the right candidate working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am - 5.30pm with onsite parking available.