Receptionist (20-35 hrs per week)
Our client, based in Harrogate is looking for an experienced Receptionist to join their team. This is a permanent role, with the hours being flexible around other commitments (school runs, or other jobs). You will be expected to work between 20 and 35 hours per week.
Business hours are Monday to Friday 9am until 6pm.
The role is a great opportunity for someone hands-on, and energetic, to join a thriving team.
A rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with great opportunities to expand the role and gain lots of valuable experience over time.
You will greet guests who visit the premises, ensuring a welcoming reception and co-ordinating front desk activities, including taking phone calls and dealing with email queries.
You should have a friendly approach, outgoing personality and be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner. Computer literacy, multitasking and hands-on attitude are essential.
- Welcome guests as they arrive at the premises and announce to the appropriate person or room,
- Answer or direct incoming phone calls and emails,
- Ensure the reception and meeting area is tidy and presentable,
- Arrange for all necessary equipment and welcome drinks,
- Keep office tidy, bins emptied,
- Arrange for catering for meetings and daily office use kitchen supplies,
- Administer and take post to deliveries and deal with parcels and returns,
- Update calendars, schedule meetings and liaise with external Personal Assistants,
- Arrange travel and accommodation,
- Keep stock and reorder stationery,
- Perform other clerical duties such as photocopying, printing and transcribing,
- Assist colleagues with administrative tasks.
- Friendly and helpful personality, professional attitude and appearance,
- Experience as a receptionist or customer service,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook),
- Written and verbal communication skills,
- Being resourceful and proactive, with a hands-on attitude and problem-solving skills,
- Excellent organisational skills,
- Good memory for faces and appointments,
- Minimum Education GCSEs or NVQ or equivalent.
Salary £14000-£17000 p/a depending on hours worked.
Opportunity for career progression
Free parking on site